May Highlights at Salem
- The “Sanctuary” conversation continues! An open forum on “logistics of sanctuary” will be held on Sunday May 7 at 9:30 am AND 11:45 am. Please come and be part of the conversation as we consider becoming a congregation which supports the sanctuary church movement.
- NOISY Offering for Hunger on May 14! Bring your change to church and make some NOISE!
- Joint Worship—led by the children of SpringHouse on Sunday May 21 at 10:30 am (Note, NO 8:30 am service this day.)
- Volunteer Opportunities on Saturday May 20 and Saturday June 3. See the May Salem Scene newsletter for details!
- The Day of Pentecost is June 4. Don’t miss worship with the Holy Spirit! WEAR RED!
- Open Streets on Lyndale will be Sunday June 4. Join us to hand out popsicles as we celebrate our neighborhood.
SpringHouse Adult Faith Formation–Join Us, It’s Fun!
Everyone is invited to join the adult faith formation happening in the gathering space at 9:30 am. We will be starting a new series called “Gifts of the Dark Wood” in this new year. Whether you have already worshiped at 8:30 am or are getting ready for 10:30 am service – stop by and hear how God is speaking to us.
Here is what you need to know about this Sunday morning group:
- No experience is necessary! This is a casual and fun group of adults simply entering into conversation about God in our lives.
- Come as you can! You do not have to attend every week to be part of the conversation. There are people who come almost every week but we also have people come only as they can. Each week is independent enough that we welcome all whenever they want to join the discussion.
- We have treats!
- Those who have been part of the discussions over the summer have found it to be relevant, meaningful, and FUN!
We hope to see lots of you on Sundays!
Day Camp 2017 Registration
Blessed 2 Be
Day Camp 2017 Registration
Camp meets June 19 -June 23, 9:00am- 4:00pm, M-F at Bethel Lutheran Church, 4120 17th Ave S, Minneapolis MN 55407
If you aren’t able to download a copy, or have questions, please Daniel Romero, Minister of Faith Formation at First Congregational UCC. Daniel is co-directing the camp along with Martha Bardwell and Deb Murphy. Call him at: 612-331-3816, or email him at:
On Sundays Salem offers two worship options – Traditional Worship and Jazz Worship. These two worship services are connected by Sunday School and Youth Group, as well as Adult Ed. Child care is available throughout. Full schedule >
Salem’s home is the SpringHouse Ministry Center, a shared, sustainable facility that anchors three churches with distinct identities and rich histories. Salem shares SpringHouse Ministry Center with partner congregations Lyndale United Church of Christ and First Christian Church. Learn more >