Annual Meeting Day January 31
Worship, Lunch, Meetings
Official Notice: Salem’s Annual Meeting will be held on Sunday, January 31. Please attend as we give thanks for our life together as a congregation.
Annual Meeting Day Schedule
- 10:30 am: Worship—A shared service with our partner congregations in the South Sanctuary, featuring guest preacher Rev. Dr. Barbara Lundblad, an ELCA pastor who teaches at Union Seminary in New York City.
- (No 8:30 Traditional Worship that day.)
- 11:30 am: Short SpringHouse Meeting—A brief meeting immediately following worship in the sanctuary.
- Noon: Lunch—Together with our partners in the gathering space (sandwiches from House of Hunger food truck provided; please bring sides to share).
- 12:45 pm: Salem’s Annual Meeting—In the South Sanctuary (child care provided). If you are not able to attend, and would like to vote absentee, speak with Linda Hanson or Laurie Zaepfel (in the office — ).
On Sundays Salem offers two worship options – Traditional Worship and Jazz Worship. These two worship services are connected by Sunday School and Youth Group, as well as Adult Ed. Child care is available throughout. Full schedule >
Salem’s home is the SpringHouse Ministry Center, a shared, sustainable facility that anchors three churches with distinct identities and rich histories. Salem shares SpringHouse Ministry Center with partner congregations Lyndale United Church of Christ and First Christian Church. Learn more >
Pastoral Transition Process
The Call Committee has already had 2 meetings and has submitted a list of candidates generated by Salem folks to the Minneapolis Area Synod Office. We have a meeting scheduled with John Hulden, Assistant to the Bishop on Tuesday, January 26 at which time we will receive a list of viable, interested candidates from the 1) names submitted by Salem members through the committee 2) self-nominations from other interested clergy as well as 3) Synod recommendations. For those of you who submitted names…a hearty THANK YOU. We ask for your continued prayers in the weeks to come.