Fall Stewardship News
“Stewardship is everything we do after we say ‘I believe’.” – Clarence Stoughton
Stewardship Highlights for October and November – Don’t miss the launch of our yearlong focus on “Stories”!
- October 16: Kick-Off of our “Stories” theme with storytellers in worship and a new children’s offering time.
- October 23: Conversations about Salem’s Season of Giving and mission hopes and goals, homemade donut holes by Diann Uzelac between services, and storytellers in worship.
- October 30: Reformation Sunday, Bring Your Own Bible Sunday, bible storytellers in worship.
- November 6: Celebrate Stewardship Sunday, storytellers in worship, Asset Mapping (Time and Talent), and celebration dinner at 4:00 pm.
SpringHouse Adult Faith Formation–Join Us, It’s Fun!
As we begin a new program year we will continue what we have now named our SpringHouse Adult Faith Formation group on Sunday mornings. This is a group of adults, led by Pastor Dan and Pastor Rhonda, that meets from 9:30 am – 10:15 am on Sundays for conversation around relevant theological, biblical, spiritual, and social topics using the Darkwood Brew video series. Over the summer we have tackled “Listen” and “Busy” and we will be jumping into some new topics as we get into September. Here is what you need to know about this Sunday morning group:
- No experience is necessary! This is a casual and fun group of adults simply entering into conversation about God in our lives.
- Come as you can! You do not have to attend every week to be part of the conversation. There are people who come almost every week but we also have people come only as they can. Each week is independent enough that we welcome all whenever they want to join the discussion.
- We have treats!
- Those who have been part of the discussions over the summer have found it to be relevant, meaningful, and FUN!
We hope to see lots of you on Sundays!
On Sundays Salem offers two worship options – Traditional Worship and Jazz Worship. These two worship services are connected by Sunday School and Youth Group, as well as Adult Ed. Child care is available throughout. Full schedule >
Salem’s home is the SpringHouse Ministry Center, a shared, sustainable facility that anchors three churches with distinct identities and rich histories. Salem shares SpringHouse Ministry Center with partner congregations Lyndale United Church of Christ and First Christian Church. Learn more >